PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your HEART. Lean not unto your own understanding, but acknowledge him in all thy ways and he will direct your path.

Monday, April 21, 2014

I LOVE DOING DISHES~~~

I wish I had more pictures to show you of an "updated" cottage.  The work being done is the "behind the scenes" work.  You know, lots of money going out with plumbing and electrical but not any "pretty" being seen?
I can show you this.........my new kitchen sink!  It will be here this week and I'm so excited!  We are finally turning the corner and over the next 2-4 weeks it will be nice to physically vision a few rooms coming together.
Considering my hubby has done 90% of the work himself, he has made great progress!  I will be painting like crazy over the next month and the claw bath tub should be here next week......yeah!

Here is a picture of a similar sink ~~~~~


                                                                      pinterest
    The one I purchased is a little bit smaller........Mine is from WHITEHAUS COUNTRY HAUS
AND I have to admit........I love doing dishes!  Of all the household chores, I enjoy cleaning my kitchen the most!
       ~~  ~~   ~ ~Have a wonderful and blessed week~~~Roxie

15 comments:

  1. I love it, Roxie. It took us about a year, and I remember that time when it seemed like a standstill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- Roxie-I can't wait to see your new kitchen sink and how wonderful that you are finally seeing an end to some of the mess of construction. I can't wait to see more! Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxie....come do my dishes, I always have dishes in the sink and no dish washer....I am the appointed dish washer. My problem, I like to cook I guess and husband likes to eat......so needless to say that = lots of dishes. Can hardly wait to see your finished kitchen though. Hope your Easter was relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roxie I know you will love it when its done. It is looking Fabulous.... Just wait to the end and take deep breathe in between... A claw foot tub I can only dream about. I can't wait to see all the way to the end...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roxie, the sink sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see more progress! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also like doing the dishes by hand. We removed the dishwasher! Your sink is picture perfect...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the kitchen sink that you got for your kitchen!! Can't wait to see your kitchen when it is done. I remember when we put our kitchen in ourselves...it sure did take us some time to do all the work, but it was so worth it in the end.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The things we use everyday are important and sometimes the most exciting! Sounds familiar... the plumbing and electrical so important but not what we really want to spend the budget on!
    Have fun!
    xo, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your new sink! What a charming sink it is :)
    I too love dishes.. something so satisfying to washing dishes in hot soapy water, and making them just shine.

    Sounds like you are getting the "must do's" done, and sooner than you know, you'll be having a great time decorating, and doing the "can do's" on your list.
    It's always that way with old houses. Still, there is comfort in knowing that the mechanical systems will be sound, and it's always nice to know that those systems will last many, many, many more years. They are not 'fun' though... and they always seem to eat up a larger portion of the budget.

    Looking forward to seeing all the changes. Your cottage is going to be darling!!

    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    Smiles :)
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Roxie - I love doing dishes too and with a sink like that I really would love doing them. (I don't own a dishwasher - never wanted one and still after 36 years of marriage don't). Thanks for sharing - can't wait to see how things are coming together. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Roxie,
    What a charming kitchen sink! You know, I think the kitchen is my favorite place to clean too. This is so exciting for you getting items for your house. You must be thrilled. I can't wait to see your home when it's finished.

    Have a very nice weekend.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rox I would LOVE doing dishes in a sink like that one too! I opted to NOT have a dishwasher and where ours used to be -- have shelves and a curtain instead so like you... I"m the dishwasher! Hope someday to get something like you have... it's beeeeautiful and I'm so happy for you.... I know yall are working hard... Way to go Mr. n Mrs. Cain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's just fabulous, roxie:) perfect for a cottage! can't wait to see the finished kitchen! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting for you! It's a lovely sink.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete