PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your HEART. Lean not unto your own understanding, but acknowledge him in all thy ways and he will direct your path.

Monday, May 13, 2013

POTTED VINTAGE WICKER BABY BASSINET

This is a picture of my PINK VINTAGE WICKER BABY BASSINET potted with fern and a mix of flowers.
I have been setting up vignettes all week for a tea at my church and used my VINTAGE BABY BASSINET for one of the displays.
When I found this at a thrift store some months ago, I couldn't believe the excellent shape this was in.  It is much prettier in person, for the bassinet is QUITE LARGE, has a bonnet frame on it, and a sweet handle to move it around with ease.  ORIGINAL COLOR is outstanding!
It sits in my office/craft room and I store layers of VINTAGE fabrics in it.  It has become a SWEET FAVORITE FIND of mine with multi uses!  I LOVE it!  And the best thing is...........I paid a whopping $20 for it!  It's a KEEPER!



This is what it looks like by itself.  Not that I'm into vintage baby things, but this was too beautiful!  The best part, it has been so useful in many ways!  Do you have a find that has turned out to be a favorite or useful in ways you didn't expect?  I'd LOVE to hear about it!
Have a wonderful and BLESSED week!   From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

6 comments:

  1. Oh I would have bought that for $20 too it is beautiful and I love the way you display it. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, my kind of decorating, just love that....wonderful job Roxie, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxie, I've got a white bassinet, and I also use it to store vintage fabrics and linens. Our church had a special ladies' brunch this past weekend, too. I decorated with all kinds of vintage linens since the theme was "remembering Grandma."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roxie .. that is so cute with the fern and flowers in it ... LOVE !

    I'm not big on baby stuff either but hey this is a nice piece for a lot of other uses !

    Happy Spring ..Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roxie - this is so lovely and how creative of you to fill it with ferns and flowers. I have 3 antique wicker chairs throughout my home...used to have a couple of couches as well. (what was I thinking getting rid of those). Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete