PROVERBS 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your HEART. Lean not unto your own understanding, but acknowledge him in all thy ways and he will direct your path.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

RE-PURPOSING IDEAS FOR YOUR HOME

I would like to show you a few simple, but easy re-purposing ideas using VINTAGE/ANTIQUE items that can make a FUN and BIG statement for your HOME! And it's on the cheap too!

"THE CROWNING PUMPKIN" This is a base of an old lamp turned upside down~~~I couldn't help myself


OLD WHITE DOOR~~~~Before


CHALKBOARD DOOR~~~~After


VINTAGE BABY CARRIAGE FRAME RE-PURPOSED as a CART


ANTIQUE CAST IRON SINK + ANTIQUE SEWING BASE = UNIQUE POTTING SINK~~~Antique springs with seasonal item-guords from the garden! A cast iron piece on ground...looks like giant spider!


Another DARLING POTTING SINK~~~


VINTAGE POCKETBOOK potted with FLOWERS~~~~~So PRETTY!


Industrial Cart used in the GARDEN! UNIQUE!


Before~~~~OLD WASH TUBS


After~~~~OLD WASH TUBS~~sunny and smiling!



And of course....this SWEET CHALKED PIC-NIC BASKET~~~


A VINTAGE METAL SCROLLY piece off of a SCREEN DOOR~~~~Hanging in my family room with a few family pictures....TOO SWEET!
Hope you have enjoyed seeing a few SIMPLE, FUN ideas! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

15 comments:

  1. Roxie...Love, love, love the potting sink!! How cute is that purse with the flowers in it! Also love the industrial cart with the flowers in the bucket sitting on it...so pretty!! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful fun ideas.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxie, what an imagination you have, these ideas are amazing. My mum-in-law has an antique sewing table which sits in the summer house and is just used for potting plants, perhaps I could suggest an idea for showing off to better advantage. Your photos are so colourful and I like the idea of the metal scroll showing the family photos. Thank you for sharing. Hope you have a great day.

    Jeanie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Roxie, such great ideas, love them. Love that chalkboard door, really neat and the old sink on the old sewing machine for a potting bench, so sweet. Enjoy the weekend, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That old lamp piece is a perfect crown, Roxie! Love the old tubs filled with mums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roxie,
    Oh my gosh where to start!!! Everything repurposed so beautifully. Love that old sewing machine potting bench that is awesome. The baby carriage cart!!!! And how stinkin cute is that vintage purse with the plants. It is all so cute. Amazing job. Love this post. You should put the crown on you for doing such a great job you my darling are the queen of repurpose!!!! Amazing job. Love Love Love it all.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything you have done is fantastic! I wish my brain was wired like yours! My mother in law is able to transform antique whatevers into a beautiful home and garden also. I agree with Junkchiccottage, you should wear the crown. Great Job ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do have some fun ideas...so creative!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! you are so inventive . . . I love seeing creative minds at work. Keep it up, You Rock!!!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wreeeeeet wreeeew!!!!!!!!! Trying HARD not to covet that purdy sink of yours Rox! I don't know if you know my friend Debra of Sparrowgrass or not but if not... you must go visit! She's on my blog roll... SPARROWGRASS. She has a post or two where you can see her gardens and she too has SINKS out in her gardens. You gotta see it! You'll wanna kick off your shoes and stay awhile trust me. She too will love your blog as well. Yall gotta meet. xoxo L

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes-I do! It's great! Thank you for your visit-I will follow you too!
    ~Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. What creative, amazing ideas! I can't even pick a favorite! (the repurposed cart, the sink, the industrial cart...all fabulous :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, my favorite is that regal pumpkin! Don't you love looking "outside the box" for things like that?...I love crowns, tiaras...this is just fabulous (as are the others, but's it's my "pick"!)
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am always so impressed by what things can become. I will see someone else do it and then I think oh now I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Roxie!! we are diggin' that retro purse turned into a flower bed ~ awesome! Also enjoyed seeing your lovely home....lots of lovely finds (soooo in love with that fireplace mantel!!)

    ReplyDelete